Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Day 1 - Radiohead Albums

Top 5: Radiohead Albums
  1. OK Computer
  2. The Bends
  3. Kid A
  4. Hail to the Theif
  5. I Might Be Wrong
OK Computer is one of the greatest albums of all time. It was the obvious choice to be the top Radiohead album. I Might be Wrong edges out Amnesiac and Pablo Honey simply for the brilliant live version of "Like Spinning Plates". Pablo Honey has some standout tracks, but it simply lacks the complexity that makes Radiohead special. Amnesiac has grown on me over the years with tracks like "You and Whose Army" and "Knives Out", but it still seems like a bunch of B-Sides from the Kid A sessions.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sea Change said...

Radiohead is an amazing band.

9:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Radiohead Rocks
Chris #5 I Might be Wrong
Mike #5 Amnesiac

Amnesiac is way better than I Might Be Wrong. I've only read two top fives, but the actual #5(five) in your list of top fives, I'm just not feelin'.

*5. Amnesiac

Like Spinning Plates is good on I Might be Wrong , but its no 'album'. To even call it a live album, it should be one concert all the way through. The song 'I Might be Wrong' is better than the whole album I Might be Wrong .

- Let the controversy begin
(if theres spellin mistakes just talk to my secretery)

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like Spinning Plates and True Love Waits are two of my favourite Radiohead tracks and helped put I Might Be Wrong in the #5 spot. It may only have 8 tracks, but it still captures the brilliance of the band live. A lot of people consider Amnesiac a companion album to Kid A. That's not to say it isn't a brilliant album, but every top 5 needs some controversy. Thanks for the debate Mick OD. Lets jam soon.

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home