Friday, February 24, 2006

Day 3 - Toronto Raptors All-Time

Top 5: Toronto Raptors All-Time
C: Antonio Davis
PF: Chris Bosh
SF: Tracy McGrady
SG: Vince Carter
PG: Damon Stoudamire

Here are the top 5 Raptors at each position. I looked at how they played while in a Raptors uniform. (Therefore guys like Olajuwon and Billups don't count) Antonio, Bosh and Vince are no brainers. Vince is the most important player to ever wear a Raptors jersey, and the Raptors have never had a better center then Davis. Bosh has already done more in Toronto than Camby, JYD or Oakley (although Oakley was a great presence in the locker room). Damon was rookie of the year and played solid ball while in Toronto so he is easily the best choice over Bogues, Jackson and James. T-Mac was a tough choice because he didn't really explode as a player until he got to Orlando. However I still prefer him over Rose, Christie and Mo Pete.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

and who would coach?

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris bosh is awesome. I think Uchida should coach.

4:26 PM  
Blogger RYAN said...

As much as I hate to say it, Wilkens lead the time the farthest into the playoffs....

11:47 AM  
Blogger Keenan said...

C - Aaron Williams
PF - Jerome Williams
SF - Corliss Williamson (bah)
SG - Eric Williams
PG - Alvin Williams

I think we had some no-name Williams at some point too, but I forget.

Hmmm... I disagree with the T-Mac listing, not only because I hate him, but because.... well... I hate him. AD, Bosh, Vince, Mo, Williams. I kinda disagree with my Williams pick as well though. Let's talk about Mo first. You have a player that has ONLY ever played in Toronto (+10% coolness factor), and never takes a game off (+15% Keenan-likeness factor). He hits big circus shots that he should never take, and can defend the wing. T-Mac will never be remembered as a great player in Toronto. Alvin has many similar things going for him in the coolness and Keenan-likeness factors. The downside are his horrible ACC big screen commericals. (With same emotion as my printer while printing my resume) "Raptors fans. Do you want to see your favorite Raptors at the All Star Game. Vote now and send us to the All Star Game." All this while reading the lines from the scripter. Buuut he still makes the list.

7:10 PM  
Blogger Dr_Seuss said...

I'd prefer Walt "The Wizard" Williams at SF.

I still hate Mo Pete and his lame Reebok commercials. He thinks basketball is one big game of horse.
hahahaha...Maybe if I didn't hate him so much, he'd get that spot.

Sam Mitchell is probably going to be known as the best coach we've had, but he still hasn't proven himself. Based on performance, I guess you have to pick... Butch Carter? He took us to game 7 of the second roung of the playoffs.

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home