Wednesday, March 29, 2006

#18 - Michael Jackson Songs

Top 5: Michael Jackson Songs
  1. Billie Jean
  2. Thriller
  3. Smooth Criminal
  4. Beat It
  5. Bad
Billie Jean has one of the greatest bass lines ever written. That aside, the song is brilliant all the way through and introduced the world to the moonwalk. Thriller comes in a close second. It was the title track of his greatest album and gave us the greatest music video of all time. Zombies dancing in unison...what more could you ask for? Billie Jean gave us the moonwalk, but Smooth Criminal gave us the lean. I had an idea how they did it in the video, but could never figure out how he did it live.... until now:

http://www.smooth-criminal.com/the-professor-45.htm

Damn he was a clever man.

Beat It and Bad are almost tied in my opinion. Both were solid hits and had memorable videos.

Honorable mentions: Black or White if you like his new stuff and I Want You Back if you like his really old stuff that he didn't write.

2 Comments:

Blogger RYAN said...

I think I agree completely with this list.

I once knew a guy that could play the bass line to "Billie Jean" on the tuba. It was kickass.

3:47 PM  
Blogger Keenan said...

Agree agree. I wasn't a huge fan of Beat It, but it should be in the top five. I enjoy Don't stop til you get enough better, but it doesnt have the importance (Beat it won best Rock vocals. MJ as a rocker? Yup.) Also he got Van Halen to solo in it. Almost as good as bringing on Brian Bose to solo for the Friendly Nebours.

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home