Monday, March 13, 2006

Day 15 - 80s Cartoon Villains

Top 5: 80s Cartoon Villains
  1. Megatron
  2. Skeletor
  3. Serpentor
  4. Dr. Claw
  5. Shredder
Ok, Keen was right.. Megatron was a villain who turned into a gun... how crazy is that? He deserves the top spot for that reason alone. Skeletor has a great design and is a truly scary villain for a 8 year old child. Serpentor showed up on G.I.Joe and kicked Cobra Commander's ass. While Cobra Commander was a joke, Serpentor was a true nemesis. Dr. Claw and Shredder were both great character designs that were dumbed down for kids. In reality, Dr. Claw would have killed Inspector Gadget in the first episode, and sold Penny off into white slavery.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Skeletor used to give me nightmares.

10:09 PM  
Blogger RYAN said...

Excellent list and I agree on all counts.

"In reality, Dr. Claw would have killed Inspector Gadget in the first episode, and sold Penny off into white slavery."

I always liked Inspector Gadget, but it made me angry that Penny and Brain always bailed him out, but he always thought that he had done it himself. Still bugs me to this day actually. I think that if Dr. Claw did kill Inspector Gadget he would have been easily able to bring Brain over to the dark side...

As far as Shredder goes, I still remember when I realized that Shredder was voiced by Uncle Phil from Fresh Prince of Bel Air.
Shocking.

12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whaaa? Uncle Phil is Shredder?!?

My whole sense of the world is tumbling down!

10:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to digg you!
This site is kinda cool for the techno sexual:
penny gadget
Is a cool tech, dating, fashion news site

5:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check this site out where you can vote for who would win in various 80s cartoons! The Hero of the Villain you choose!

http://www.geocities.com/cartoonsshowdown/index

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home