Friday, March 03, 2006

Day 10 - 80s Films

Top 5: 80s Films
  1. The Goonies (1985)
  2. Back to the Future (1985)
  3. Ghostbusters (1984)
  4. Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1986)
  5. The Princess Bride (1987)
Why are most of these films kids films? Cause in 1985, I was a kid. The Goonies is every kids dream. Running around caves, pirate gold, boobie traps, the coolest water slide, and a monster named Sloth...what more could a kid ask for? Even though most kids today have no idea what a Delorean is, Back to the Future is just as great today as it was then. Ghostbusters seems to get better with time. I loved it when I was young, and now that I'm older, I get all of the sexual innuendos:

[When under threat from the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man]
Peter: "Hey, this Mr. Stay-Puft is okay! He's a sailor, he's in New York... we get this guy laid, we won't have any trouble!"

Ferris Bueller lip synching Twist and Shout in downtown Chicago is one of the greatest moments in film.

If I was a little older in the 80s, perhaps I would have given props to The Breakfast Club, Dirty Dancing, Top Gun or Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

But... oh well... time for some Truffle Shuffle...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, i have one word. TRON. there. nothing more. Also, ferris bueller is the most overrated movie of all time. But ghostbusters is excellent.

9:49 PM  
Blogger RYAN said...

This is a tough one, because some of the great 80s movies I really only came to appreciate years later when they were played on late great movies on CityTV - because as you said, we were kids in the 80s. The Goonies, Ghostbusters, and Back the Future are locks for sure, and I'm a big fan of Bueller. I totally agree with the top 4, but would put Fast Times... in at #5. I've never been a huge Princess Bride fan, and Sean Penn and Judge Reinhold are classic in Fast Times.

10:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And see... I would have put Princess Bride WAY higher. I LOVE it. (and still watch it.)

Cheers,
Roni

12:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wait, how could we have forgotten about Empire Strikes back?

10:58 AM  
Blogger Dr_Seuss said...

Agree with Empire Strikes Back... Ian, you already know how I feel about TRON.

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home